I practice law in the areas of business, corporate, and transactional law, assisting businesses both large and small with issues ranging from everyday corporate housekeeping to “bet the company” acquisitions. I have represented family businesses attracting their initial rounds of outside investment, private equity purchasers of mid-size businesses, and publicly-traded corporations making strategic acquisitions and divestitures.
I seek to provide focused and cost-effective advice to business owners, companies, start-up entrepreneurs, and equity-holders, as well as to existing outside counsel who need experienced assistance with corporate transactions and related disputes.
Matters in which I can assist you or your business include:
- Formation of start-up enterprises and related legal documents
- Negotiating and documenting seed and venture capital investments
- Acting as an “outside” general counsel for your business
- Independent counsel for non-controlling equityholders
- Acquisitions and sales of businesses and business divisions
- General corporate advice
As a business attorney, you can think of me as a primary care physician – only one who makes house calls on short notice! My job is preventative lawyering – to help you conduct your business in a way that minimizes to the extent possible the need for visits to the hospital (courts) and to more costly specialists.